ICD-10-CM Code J38.3
Other diseases of vocal cords
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J38.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other diseases of vocal cords. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for J38.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Abscess of vocal cords
- Cellulitis of vocal cords
- Granuloma of vocal cords
- Leukokeratosis of vocal cords
- Leukoplakia of vocal cords
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Vocal cords swelling (finding)
- Cellulitis of vocal cords (disorder)
- Vocal cord hematoma (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J38.3 - Other diseases of vocal cords'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J38.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J38.3 and a single ICD9 code, 478.5 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.