ICD-10-CM Code J39.1
Other abscess of pharynx
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J39.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other abscess of pharynx. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for J39.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cellulitis of pharynx
- Nasopharyngeal abscess
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri with MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cellulitis of nasopharynx (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J39.1 - Other abscess of pharynx'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J39.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J39.1 and a single ICD9 code, 478.21 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.