ICD-10-CM Code J39.3
Upper respiratory tract hypersensitivity reaction, site unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J39.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of upper respiratory tract hypersensitivity reaction, site unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for J39.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Hypersensitivity reaction of upper respiratory tract, such as:
- Extrinsic allergic alveolitis - instead, use code J67.9
- Pneumoconiosis - instead, use Section J60-J67.9)
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri with MCC.
- DRG Group #152-153 - Otitis media and uri without MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J39.3 - Upper respiratory tract hypersensitivity reaction, site unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J39.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 478.8 was previously used, J39.3 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.