ICD-10-CM Code J39.8
Other specified diseases of upper respiratory tract
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J39.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified diseases of upper respiratory tract. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J398 is used to code Laryngotracheal stenosis
Laryngotracheal stenosis refers to abnormal narrowing of the central air passageways. This can occur at the level of the larynx, trachea, carina or main bronchi. In a small number of patients narrowing may be present in more than one anatomical location.
|MeSH Codes:||D014135, D014135|
|ICD 9 Codes:||519.19, 748.3|
This condition can also be referred to as subglottic or tracheal stenosis.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #202-203 - Bronchitis and asthma with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #202-203 - Bronchitis and asthma without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Iatrogenic perforation of trachea (disorder)
- Nasopharyngeal stenosis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J39.8 - Other specified diseases of upper respiratory tract'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J39.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J39.8 and a single ICD9 code, 519.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.