ICD-10-CM Code J69.8
Pneumonitis due to inhalation of other solids and liquids
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J69.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of pneumonitis due to inhalation of other solids and liquids. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J69 is used to code Pulmonary aspiration
Upper respiratory tract (pharynx and larynx) and lower respiratory tract (trachea, bronchi, and lung)
Coding Notes for J69.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Pneumonitis due to aspiration of blood
- Pneumonitis due to aspiration of detergent
- See Section T51-T65 to identify substance
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with MCC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with CC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Aspiration pneumonia due to near drowning (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J69.8 - Pneumonitis due to inhalation of other solids and liquids'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J69.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 507.8 was previously used, J69.8 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.