ICD-10-CM Code J82
Pulmonary eosinophilia, not elsewhere classified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J82 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of pulmonary eosinophilia, not elsewhere classified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J82 is used to code Eosinophilic pneumonia
Eosinophilic pneumonia (EP) is a disease in which an eosinophil, a type of white blood cell, accumulates in the lung. These cells cause disruption of the normal air spaces (alveoli) where oxygen is extracted from the atmosphere. Several different kinds of eosinophilic pneumonia exist and can occur in any age group. The most common symptoms include cough, fever, difficulty breathing, and sweating at night. EP is diagnosed by a combination of characteristic symptoms, findings on a physical examination by a health provider, and the results of blood tests and x-rays. Prognosis is excellent once most EP is recognized and treatment with corticosteroids is begun.
|ICD 9 Code:||518.3|
Coding Notes for J82 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Allergic pneumonia
- Eosinophilic asthma
- Eosinophilic pneumonia
- Löffler's pneumonia
- Tropical (pulmonary) eosinophilia NOS
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Pulmonary eosinophilia due to aspergillosis - instead, use code B44.-
- Pulmonary eosinophilia due to drugs (J70.2-J70.4) - instead, use code J70.2-
- Pulmonary eosinophilia due to specified parasitic infection - instead, use Section B50-B83
- Pulmonary eosinophilia due to systemic connective tissue disorders - instead, use Section M30-M36
- Pulmonary infiltrate NOS - instead, use code R91.8
- DRG Group #196-198 - Interstitial lung disease with MCC.
- DRG Group #196-198 - Interstitial lung disease with CC.
- DRG Group #196-198 - Interstitial lung disease without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J82 - Pulmonary eosinophilia, not elsewhere classified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J82. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 518.3 was previously used, J82 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.