ICD-10-CM Code J84
Other interstitial pulmonary diseases
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code J84 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of J84 that describes the diagnosis 'other interstitial pulmonary diseases' in more detail.
- J84 Other interstitial pulmonary diseases NON-BILLABLE
- J84.0 NON-BILLABLE
- J84.1 Other interstitial pulmonary diseases NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE J84.2 interstitial
- J84.8 Other interstitial pulmonary diseases NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE J84.9 pulmonary
Coding Notes for J84 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Drug-induced interstitial lung disorders (J70.2-J70.4) - instead, use code J70.2-
- Interstitial emphysema - instead, use code J98.2
- Lung diseases due to external agents - instead, use Section J60-J70
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J84 - Other interstitial pulmonary diseases'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J84. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.