ICD-10-CM Code J84.11
Idiopathic interstitial pneumonia
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code J84.11 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of J84.11 that describes the diagnosis 'idiopathic interstitial pneumonia' in more detail.
- J84.11 Idiopathic interstitial pneumonia NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE J84.111 Idiopathic interstitial
- BILLABLE J84.112 Idiopathic
- BILLABLE J84.113 Idiopathic interstitial
- BILLABLE J84.114 interstitial
- BILLABLE J84.115 interstitial
- BILLABLE J84.116 pneumonia
- BILLABLE J84.117 interstitial pneumonia
The ICD code J841 is used to code Acute interstitial pneumonitis
Acute interstitial pneumonitis (also known as acute interstitial pneumonia or Hamman–Rich syndrome) is a rare, severe lung disease that usually affects otherwise healthy individuals. There is no known cause or cure.
|ICD 9 Code:||516.3|
Micrograph of diffuse alveolar damage, the histologic correlate of acute interstitial pneumonitis. H&E stain.
Coding Notes for J84.11 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Lymphoid interstitial pneumonia - instead, use code J84.2
- Pneumocystis pneumonia - instead, use Code B59
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J84.11 - Idiopathic interstitial pneumonia'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J84.11. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Parent Code: J84.1 - Other interstitial pulmonary diseases with fibrosis