ICD-10-CM Code J85.3
Abscess of mediastinum
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J85.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of abscess of mediastinum. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J85 is used to code Lung abscess
Lung abscess is a type of liquefactive necrosis of the lung tissue and formation of cavities (more than 2 cm) containing necrotic debris or fluid caused by microbial infection.
|ICD 9 Code:||513.0|
Computed tomography (CT) scan of chest showing bilateral pneumonia with abscesses, effusions, and caverns. 37-year-old male.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with MCC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations with CC.
- DRG Group #177-179 - Respiratory infections and inflammations without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Abscess of lung and mediastinum (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J85.3 - Abscess of mediastinum'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J85.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 513.1 was previously used, J85.3 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.