ICD-10-CM Code J95.89
Other postprocedural complications and disorders of respiratory system, not elsewhere classified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J95.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other postprocedural complications and disorders of respiratory system, not elsewhere classified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for J95.89 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify disorder, such as:
- Aspiration pneumonia See code J69.-
- Bacterial or viral pneumonia See Section J12-J18
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Acute pulmonary insufficiency following thoracic surgery - instead, use code J95.1
- Postprocedural subglottic stenosis - instead, use code J95.5
- DRG Group #205-206 - Other respiratory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #205-206 - Other respiratory system diagnoses without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Aspiration pneumonia resulting from a procedure (disorder)
- Postoperative aspiration pneumonia (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J95.89 - Other postprocedural complications and disorders of respiratory system, not elsewhere classified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J95.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code J95.89 and a single ICD9 code, 997.39 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.