ICD-10-CM Code J98.4
Other disorders of lung
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
J98.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other disorders of lung. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code J984 is used to code Solitary pulmonary nodule
In radiology, a solitary pulmonary nodule (SPN) or coin lesion is a mass in the lung smaller than 3 centimeters in diameter. It can be an incidental finding found in up to 0.2% of chest X-rays and around 1% of CT scans.
|ICD 9 Code:||793.11|
Chest X-ray showing a solitary pulmonary nodule (indicated by a black box) in the left upper lobe.
Coding Notes for J98.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Calcification of lung
- Cystic lung disease (acquired)
- Lung disease NOS
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Acute interstitial pneumonitis - instead, use code J84.114
- Pulmonary insufficiency following surgery (J95.1-J95.2) - instead, use code J95.1-
- DRG Group #205-206 - Other respiratory system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #205-206 - Other respiratory system diagnoses without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Sepsis-associated lung injury (disorder)
- Solitary nodule of lung (finding)
- Pulmonary hypertension due to pulmonary disease with mixed restrictive and obstructive pattern (disorder)
- Milk-induced pulmonary disease in infant (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for additional code to fully describe disease or condition
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'J98.4 - Other disorders of lung'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code J98.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 518.89 was previously used, J98.4 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.