ICD-10-CM Code K00.6
Disturbances in tooth eruption
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K00.6 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of disturbances in tooth eruption. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K00 is used to code Oral and maxillofacial pathology
Oral and maxillofacial pathology (also termed oral pathology, stomatognathic disease, dental disease, or mouth disease) refers to the diseases of the mouth ("oral cavity" or "stoma"), jaws ("maxillae" or "gnath") and related structures such as salivary glands, temporomandibular joints, facial muscles and perioral skin (the skin around the mouth). The mouth is an important organ with many different functions. It is also prone to a variety of medical and dental disorders.
|MeSH Codes:||D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057|
|ICD 9 Codes:||520, 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 529|
Coding Notes for K00.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Dentia praecox
- Natal tooth
- Neonatal tooth
- Premature eruption of tooth
- Premature shedding of primary [deciduous] tooth
- Prenatal teeth
- Retained [persistent] primary tooth
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Embedded and impacted teeth - instead, use code K01.-
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #795 - Normal newborn.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K00.6 - Disturbances in tooth eruption'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K00.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K00.6 and a single ICD9 code, 520.6 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.