ICD-10-CM Code K00.8
Other disorders of tooth development
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K00.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other disorders of tooth development. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K00 is used to code Oral and maxillofacial pathology
Oral and maxillofacial pathology (also termed oral pathology, stomatognathic disease, dental disease, or mouth disease) refers to the diseases of the mouth ("oral cavity" or "stoma"), jaws ("maxillae" or "gnath") and related structures such as salivary glands, temporomandibular joints, facial muscles and perioral skin (the skin around the mouth). The mouth is an important organ with many different functions. It is also prone to a variety of medical and dental disorders.
|MeSH Codes:||D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057|
|ICD 9 Codes:||520, 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 529|
Coding Notes for K00.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Color changes during tooth formation
- Intrinsic staining of teeth NOS
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Posteruptive color changes - instead, use code K03.7
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Intrinsic staining of tooth - drug-induced (disorder)
- Ectopic tooth in labial sulcus (disorder)
- Intrinsic staining of tooth - metabolic disease (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K00.8 - Other disorders of tooth development'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K00.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K00.8 and a single ICD9 code, 520.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.