ICD-10-CM Code K02.61
Dental caries on smooth surface limited to enamel
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K02.61 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of dental caries on smooth surface limited to enamel. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K02 is used to code Dental caries
Dental caries, also known as tooth decay, cavities, or caries, is a breakdown of teeth due to activities of bacteria. The cavities may be a number of different colors from yellow to black. Symptoms may include pain and difficulty with eating. Complications may include inflammation of the tissue around the tooth, tooth loss, and infection or abscess formation.
|ICD 9 Code:||521.0|
Destruction of a tooth by dental caries. This type of decay is also known as root decay.
Coding Notes for K02.61 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- White spot lesions [initial caries] on smooth surface of tooth
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Primary dental caries, nonproximal smooth surface origin (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K02.61 - Dental caries on smooth surface limited to enamel'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K02.61. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K02.61 and a single ICD9 code, 521.07 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.