ICD-10-CM Code K03
Other diseases of hard tissues of teeth
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K03 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of K03 that describes the diagnosis 'other diseases of hard tissues of teeth' in more detail.
- K03 Other diseases of hard tissues of teeth NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K03.0 of teeth
- BILLABLE K03.1 of teeth
- BILLABLE K03.2 of teeth
- BILLABLE K03.3 of teeth
- BILLABLE K03.4
- BILLABLE K03.5 of teeth
- BILLABLE K03.6 teeth
- BILLABLE K03.7 of hard tissues
- K03.8 Other diseases of hard tissues of teeth NON-BILLABLE
- K03.81 Cracked tooth BILLABLE
- K03.89 Other specified diseases of hard tissues of teeth BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K03.9 of hard tissues of
Coding Notes for K03 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Bruxism - instead, use code F45.8
- Dental caries - instead, use code K02.-
- Teeth-grinding NOS - instead, use code F45.8
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K03 - Other diseases of hard tissues of teeth'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K03. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.