ICD-10-CM Code K03.7
Posteruptive color changes of dental hard tissues
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K03.7 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of posteruptive color changes of dental hard tissues. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K03.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Deposits [accretions] on teeth - instead, use code K03.6
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Posteruptive tooth staining due to metal (disorder)
- Posteruptive tooth staining due to tetracycline (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K03.7 - Posteruptive color changes of dental hard tissues'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K03.7. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K03.7 and a single ICD9 code, 521.7 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.