ICD-10-CM Code K05
Gingivitis and periodontal diseases
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K05 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of K05 that describes the diagnosis 'gingivitis and periodontal diseases' in more detail.
- K05 Gingivitis and periodontal diseases NON-BILLABLE
- K05.0 NON-BILLABLE
- K05.1 NON-BILLABLE
- K05.2 NON-BILLABLE
- K05.3 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K05.4
- BILLABLE K05.5 periodontal diseases
- BILLABLE K05.6
Coding Notes for K05 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Alcohol abuse and dependence See code F10.-
- Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z77.22
- Exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period See code P96.81
- History of tobacco use See code Z87.891
- Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z57.31
- Tobacco dependence See code F17.-
- Tobacco use See code Z72.0
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K05 - Gingivitis and periodontal diseases'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K05. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.