ICD-10-CM Code K05.5
Other periodontal diseases
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K05.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other periodontal diseases. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K05.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Leukoplakia of gingiva - instead, use code K13.21
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K05.5 - Other periodontal diseases'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K05.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K05.5 and a single ICD9 code, 523.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.