ICD-10-CM Code K06
Other disorders of gingiva and edentulous alveolar ridge
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K06 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of K06 that describes the diagnosis 'other disorders of gingiva and edentulous alveolar ridge' in more detail.
- K06 Other disorders of gingiva and edentulous alveolar ridge NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K06.0
- BILLABLE K06.1
- BILLABLE K06.2 and edentulous alveolar ridge
- BILLABLE K06.8 Other disorders of gingiva and edentulous alveolar ridge
- BILLABLE K06.9 of gingiva and edentulous alveolar
Coding Notes for K06 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Acute gingivitis - instead, use code K05.0
- Atrophy of edentulous alveolar ridge - instead, use code K08.2
- Chronic gingivitis - instead, use code K05.1
- Gingivitis NOS - instead, use code K05.1
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K06 - Other disorders of gingiva and edentulous alveolar ridge'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K06. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.