ICD-10-CM Code K06.8
Other specified disorders of gingiva and edentulous alveolar ridge
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K06.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified disorders of gingiva and edentulous alveolar ridge. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K068 is used to code Peripheral giant-cell granuloma
Peripheral giant-cell granuloma (PGCG) is an oral pathologic condition that appears in the mouth as an overgrowth of tissue due to irritation or trauma. Because of its overwhelming incidence on the gingiva, the condition is associated with two other diseases, though not because they occur together. Instead, the three are associated with each other because they appear frequently on gingiva: pyogenic granuloma and peripheral ossifying fibroma. Because of its similar microscopic appearance to the bony lesions called central giant-cell granulomas, peripheral giant-cell granulomas are considered by some researchers to be a soft tissue equivalent.
|ICD 9 Code:||523.8|
Coding Notes for K06.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Fibrous epulis
- Flabby alveolar ridge
- Giant cell epulis
- Peripheral giant cell granuloma of gingiva
- Pyogenic granuloma of gingiva
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Gingival cyst - instead, use code K09.0
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Redundant tissue on maxillary residual ridge (disorder)
- Orofacial granulomatosis of gingivae (disorder)
- Hematoma of gingivae (disorder)
- Gingival pregnancy tumor (disorder)
- Orofacial Crohn's disease of gingivae (disorder)
- Gingival polyp (disorder)
- Congenital epulis of newborn (disorder)
- Rolling of gingival margin (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K06.8 - Other specified disorders of gingiva and edentulous alveolar ridge'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K06.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K06.8 and a single ICD9 code, 523.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.