ICD-10-CM Code K08.5
Unsatisfactory restoration of tooth
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K08.5 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of K08.5 that describes the diagnosis 'unsatisfactory restoration of tooth' in more detail.
- K08.5 Unsatisfactory restoration of tooth NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K08.50 Unsatisfactory restoration of
- BILLABLE K08.51 restoration of tooth
- BILLABLE K08.52 of
- K08.53 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K08.54 restoration of tooth
- BILLABLE K08.55
- BILLABLE K08.56 restoration of tooth
- BILLABLE K08.59 restoration of tooth
Coding Notes for K08.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Defective bridge, crown, filling
- Defective dental restoration
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Dental restoration status - instead, use code Z98.811
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Endosseous dental implant failure - instead, use code M27.6-
- Unsatisfactory endodontic treatment - instead, use code M27.5-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K08.5 - Unsatisfactory restoration of tooth'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K08.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.