ICD-10-CM Code K11.7
Disturbances of salivary secretion
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K11.7 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of disturbances of salivary secretion. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K117 is used to code Drooling
Drooling (also known as salivation, driveling, dribbling, slobbering, or, in a medical context, sialorrhea) is the flow of saliva outside the mouth. Drooling can be caused by excess production of saliva, inability to retain saliva within the mouth (incontinence of saliva), or problems with swallowing (dysphagia or odynophagia).
|ICD 9 Code:||527.7|
A drooling Malamute
Coding Notes for K11.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Dry mouth NOS - instead, use code R68.2
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Drug-induced xerostomia (disorder)
- Xerostomia due to autoimmune disease (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K11.7 - Disturbances of salivary secretion'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K11.7. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K11.7 and a single ICD9 code, 527.7 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.