ICD-10-CM Code K12.32
Oral mucositis (ulcerative) due to other drugs
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K12.32 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of oral mucositis (ulcerative) due to other drugs. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K12 is used to code Mouth ulcer
A mouth ulcer (also termed an oral ulcer, or a mucosal ulcer) is an ulcer that occurs on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. Mouth ulcers are very common, occurring in association with many diseases and by many different mechanisms, but usually there is no serious underlying cause.
|ICD 9 Code:||528.9|
A mouth ulcer (in this case associated with aphthous stomatitis) on the labial mucosa (lining of the lower lip).
Coding Notes for K12.32 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug See Section T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Aspirin burn of oral mucosa (disorder)
- Stomatitis medicamentosa (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K12.32 - Oral mucositis (ulcerative) due to other drugs'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K12.32. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 528.02 was previously used, K12.32 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.