ICD-10-CM Code K13
Other diseases of lip and oral mucosa
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K13 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of K13 that describes the diagnosis 'other diseases of lip and oral mucosa' in more detail.
- K13 Other diseases of lip and oral mucosa NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K13.0 of
- BILLABLE K13.1 lip
- K13.2 and oral NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K13.3
- BILLABLE K13.4 and oral mucosa
- BILLABLE K13.5
- BILLABLE K13.6 of oral mucosa
- K13.7 Other and oral mucosa NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for K13 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Epithelial disturbances of tongue
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify:
- Alcohol abuse and dependence See code F10.-
- Exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z77.22
- Exposure to tobacco smoke in the perinatal period See code P96.81
- History of tobacco use See code Z87.891
- Occupational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke See code Z57.31
- Tobacco dependence See code F17.-
- Tobacco use See code Z72.0
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Certain disorders of gingiva and edentulous alveolar ridge - instead, use Section K05-K06
- Cysts of oral region - instead, use code K09.-
- Diseases of tongue - instead, use code K14.-
- Stomatitis and related lesions - instead, use code K12.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K13 - Other diseases of lip and oral mucosa'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K13. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.