ICD-10-CM Code K13.22
Minimal keratinized residual ridge mucosa
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K13.22 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of minimal keratinized residual ridge mucosa. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K132 is used to code Leukoplakia
Leukoplakia (also termed leucoplakia, leukokeratosis, leukoplasia, idiopathic leukoplakia, idiopathic keratosis, or idiopathic white patch), normally refers to a condition where areas of keratosis appear as firmly attached white patches on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, although the term is sometimes used for white patches of other gastrointestinal tract mucosal sites, or mucosal surfaces of the urinary tract and genitals.
|MeSH Codes:||D007971, D007971, D007971, D007971, D007971, D007971|
|ICD 9 Codes:||528.6, 530.83, 607.0, 622.2, 623.1, 624.0|
Oral leukoplakia on the buccal mucosa.
Coding Notes for K13.22 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Minimal keratinization of alveolar ridge mucosa
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K13.22 - Minimal keratinized residual ridge mucosa'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K13.22. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 528.71 was previously used, K13.22 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.