ICD-10-CM Code K14.5
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K14.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of plicated tongue. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K145 is used to code Fissured tongue
Fissured tongue (also known as "scrotal tongue," "lingua plicata," "Plicated tongue,":1038 and "furrowed tongue":800) is a benign condition characterized by deep grooves (fissures) in the dorsum of the tongue. Although these grooves may look unsettling, the condition is usually painless. Some individuals may complain of an associated burning sensation.
|MeSH Codes:||D014063, D014063|
|ICD 9 Codes:||529.5, 750.13|
Coding Notes for K14.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Fissured tongue
- Furrowed tongue
- Scrotal tongue
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Fissured tongue, congenital - instead, use code Q38.3
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K14.5 - Plicated tongue'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K14.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 529.5 was previously used, K14.5 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.