ICD-10-CM Code K14.8
Other diseases of tongue
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K14.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other diseases of tongue. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K148 is used to code Crenated tongue
crenated tongue (also called scalloped tongue, pie crust tongue, lingua indentata, or crenulated tongue) is a descriptive term for the appearance of the tongue when there are indentations along the lateral borders (the sides), as the result of compression of the tongue against the adjacent teeth.
Coding Notes for K14.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Atrophy of tongue
- Crenated tongue
- Enlargement of tongue
- Hypertrophy of tongue
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K14.8 - Other diseases of tongue'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K14.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 529.8 was previously used, K14.8 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.