ICD-10-CM Code K14.9
Disease of tongue, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K14.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of disease of tongue, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K14 is used to code Oral and maxillofacial pathology
Oral and maxillofacial pathology (also termed oral pathology, stomatognathic disease, dental disease, or mouth disease) refers to the diseases of the mouth ("oral cavity" or "stoma"), jaws ("maxillae" or "gnath") and related structures such as salivary glands, temporomandibular joints, facial muscles and perioral skin (the skin around the mouth). The mouth is an important organ with many different functions. It is also prone to a variety of medical and dental disorders.
|MeSH Codes:||D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D009057, D014060, D014060, D014060|
|ICD 9 Codes:||520, 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 529, 529, 750.0, 750.1|
Coding Notes for K14.9 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Glossopathy NOS
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Tongue symptoms (finding)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K14.9 - Disease of tongue, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K14.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 529.9 was previously used, K14.9 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.