ICD-10-CM Code K50.0
Crohn's disease of small intestine
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K50.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of K50.0 that describes the diagnosis 'crohn's disease of small intestine' in more detail.
- K50.0 Crohn's disease of small intestine NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K50.00 Crohn's disease of small intestine
- K50.01 Crohn's disease of small intestine NON-BILLABLE
- K50.011 Crohn's disease of small intestine with rectal bleeding BILLABLE
- K50.012 Crohn's disease of small intestine with intestinal obstruction BILLABLE
- K50.013 Crohn's disease of small intestine with fistula BILLABLE
- K50.014 Crohn's disease of small intestine with abscess BILLABLE
- K50.018 Crohn's disease of small intestine with other complication BILLABLE
- K50.019 Crohn's disease of small intestine with unspecified complications BILLABLE
The ICD code K500 is used to code Ileitis
Ileitis is an inflammation of the ileum, a portion of the small intestine. Crohn's ileitis is a type of Crohn's disease affecting the ileum. Ileitis is caused by the bacterium Lawsonia intracellularis. Inflammatory bowel disease does not associate with Lawsonia intracellularis infection.
Coding Notes for K50.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Crohn's disease [regional enteritis] of duodenum
- Crohn's disease [regional enteritis] of ileum
- Crohn's disease [regional enteritis] of jejunum
- Regional ileitis
- Terminal ileitis
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Crohn's disease of both small and large intestine - instead, use code K50.8-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K50.0 - Crohn's disease of small intestine'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K50.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.