ICD-10-CM Code K51.4
Inflammatory polyps of colon
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K51.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of K51.4 that describes the diagnosis 'inflammatory polyps of colon' in more detail.
- K51.4 Inflammatory polyps of colon NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K51.40 Inflammatory polyps of colon
- K51.41 Inflammatory polyps of colon NON-BILLABLE
- K51.411 Inflammatory polyps of colon with rectal bleeding BILLABLE
- K51.412 Inflammatory polyps of colon with intestinal obstruction BILLABLE
- K51.413 Inflammatory polyps of colon with fistula BILLABLE
- K51.414 Inflammatory polyps of colon with abscess BILLABLE
- K51.418 Inflammatory polyps of colon with other complication BILLABLE
- K51.419 Inflammatory polyps of colon with unspecified complications BILLABLE
The ICD code K51 is used to code Enteritis
Enteritis (entero- + -itis) is inflammation of the small intestine. It is most commonly caused by food or drink contaminated with pathogenic microbes. Symptoms include abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea, dehydration, and fever. Inflammation of related organs of the gastrointestinal system are:
|MeSH Codes:||D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751|
|ICD 9 Codes:||5, 8, 9, 555, 556, 557, 558|
Coding Notes for K51.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Adenomatous polyp of colon - instead, use code D12.6
- Polyposis of colon - instead, use code D12.6
- Polyps of colon NOS - instead, use code K63.5
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K51.4 - Inflammatory polyps of colon'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K51.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.