ICD-10-CM Code K61.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K61.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of rectal abscess. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K61.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Perirectal abscess
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Ischiorectal abscess - instead, use code K61.3
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Perirectal cellulitis (disorder)
- Perirectal abscess (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K61.1 - Rectal abscess'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K61.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K61.1 and a single ICD9 code, 566 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.