ICD-10-CM Code K62.89
Other specified diseases of anus and rectum
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K62.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified diseases of anus and rectum. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K628 is used to code Proctitis
Coding Notes for K62.89 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Proctitis NOS
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for any associated fecal incontinence See code R15.-
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Helicobacter-associated proctitis (disorder)
- Inflammatory cloacogenic polyp (disorder)
- Mild dysplasia of rectum (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K62.89 - Other specified diseases of anus and rectum'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K62.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K62.89 and a single ICD9 code, 569.49 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.