ICD-10-CM Code K63.0
Abscess of intestine
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K63.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of abscess of intestine. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K63.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Abscess of intestine with Crohn's disease (K50.014, K50.114, K50.814, K50.914,) - instead, use code K50.014
- Abscess of intestine with diverticular disease (K57.0, K57.2, K57.4, K57.8) - instead, use code K57.0
- Abscess of intestine with ulcerative colitis (K51.014, K51.214, K51.314, K51.414, K51.514, K51.814, K51.914) - instead, use code K51.014
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Abscess of anal and rectal regions - instead, use code K61.-
- Abscess of appendix - instead, use code K35.3
- DRG Group #371-373 - Major gastrointestinal disorders and peritoneal infections with MCC.
- DRG Group #371-373 - Major gastrointestinal disorders and peritoneal infections with CC.
- DRG Group #371-373 - Major gastrointestinal disorders and peritoneal infections without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K63.0 - Abscess of intestine'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K63.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
Abscess of intestine (approximate match)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K63.0 and a single ICD9 code, 569.5 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: K63 - Other diseases of intestine