ICD-10-CM Code K63.2
Fistula of intestine
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K63.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of fistula of intestine. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K63.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Fistula of duodenum - instead, use code K31.6
- Fistula of intestine with Crohn's disease (K50.013, K50.113, K50.813, K50.913,) - instead, use code K50.013
- Fistula of intestine with ulcerative colitis (K51.013, K51.213, K51.313, K51.413, K51.513, K51.813, K51.913) - instead, use code K51.013
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Fistula of anal and rectal regions - instead, use code K60.-
- Fistula of appendix - instead, use code K38.3
- Intestinal-genital fistula, female (N82.2-N82.4) - instead, use code N82.2-
- Vesicointestinal fistula - instead, use code N32.1
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- External small bowel fistula (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K63.2 - Fistula of intestine'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K63.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K63.2 and a single ICD9 code, 569.81 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.