ICD-10-CM Code K63.3
Ulcer of intestine
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K63.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of ulcer of intestine. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K63.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Primary ulcer of small intestine
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Duodenal ulcer - instead, use code K26.-
- Gastrointestinal ulcer - instead, use code K28.-
- Gastrojejunal ulcer - instead, use code K28.-
- Jejunal ulcer - instead, use code K28.-
- Peptic ulcer, site unspecified - instead, use code K27.-
- Ulcer of intestine with perforation - instead, use code K63.1
- Ulcer of anus or rectum - instead, use code K62.6
- Ulcerative colitis - instead, use code K51.-
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Traumatic ulcer of large intestine (disorder)
- Celiac disease with diffuse intestinal ulceration (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K63.3 - Ulcer of intestine'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K63.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 569.82 was previously used, K63.3 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.