ICD-10-CM Code K65.8
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K65.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other peritonitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K65 is used to code Peritonitis
Peritonitis is an inflammation of the peritoneum, the thin tissue that lines the inner wall of the abdomen and covers most of the abdominal organs. Peritonitis may be localized or generalized, and may result from infection (often due to rupture of a hollow abdominal organ as may occur in abdominal trauma or inflamed appendix) or from a non-infectious process.
|ICD 9 Code:||567|
Coding Notes for K65.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Chronic proliferative peritonitis
- Peritonitis due to urine
- DRG Group #371-373 - Major gastrointestinal disorders and peritoneal infections with MCC.
- DRG Group #371-373 - Major gastrointestinal disorders and peritoneal infections with CC.
- DRG Group #371-373 - Major gastrointestinal disorders and peritoneal infections without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Mesenteric saponification (disorder)
- Peritoneal eosinophilia (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K65.8 - Other peritonitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K65.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K65.8 and a single ICD9 code, 567.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.