ICD-10-CM Code K71.0
Toxic liver disease with cholestasis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K71.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of toxic liver disease with cholestasis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K710 is used to code Cholestasis
Cholestasis is a condition where bile cannot flow from the liver to the duodenum. The two basic distinctions are an obstructive type of cholestasis where there is a mechanical blockage in the duct system that can occur from a gallstone or malignancy, and metabolic types of cholestasis which are disturbances in bile formation that can occur because of genetic defects or acquired as a side effect of many medications.
|ICD 9 Code:||576.2|
Micrograph showing bile (yellow) stasis, i.e. cholestasis. H&E stain.
Coding Notes for K71.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cholestasis with hepatocyte injury
- 'Pure' cholestasis
- DRG Group #441-443 - Disorders of liver except malig, cirr, alc hepa with MCC.
- DRG Group #441-443 - Disorders of liver except malig, cirr, alc hepa with CC.
- DRG Group #441-443 - Disorders of liver except malig, cirr, alc hepa without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Seasonal cryptogenic organizing pneumonia with biochemical cholestasis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K71.0 - Toxic liver disease with cholestasis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K71.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K71.0 and a single ICD9 code, 573.3 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.