ICD-10-CM Code K72.90
Hepatic failure, unspecified without coma
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K72.90 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hepatic failure, unspecified without coma. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K729 is used to code Liver failure
Liver failure or hepatic insufficiency is the inability of the liver to perform its normal synthetic and metabolic function as part of normal physiology. Two forms are recognised, acute and chronic.
|ICD 9 Code:||573.8|
A person with massive ascites and caput medusae due to cirrhotic liver failure
- DRG Group #441-443 - Disorders of liver except malig, cirr, alc hepa with MCC.
- DRG Group #441-443 - Disorders of liver except malig, cirr, alc hepa with CC.
- DRG Group #441-443 - Disorders of liver except malig, cirr, alc hepa without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Necrosis of liver of pregnancy (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K72.90 - Hepatic failure, unspecified without coma'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K72.90. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K72.90 and a single ICD9 code, 572.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.