ICD-10-CM Code K74.69
Other cirrhosis of liver
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K74.69 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other cirrhosis of liver. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K74 is used to code Cirrhosis
Cirrhosis is a condition in which the liver does not function properly due to long-term damage. Typically, the disease comes on slowly over months or years. Early on, there are often no symptoms. As the disease worsens, a person may become tired, weak, itchy, have swelling in the lower legs, develop yellow skin, bruise easily, have fluid build up in the abdomen, or develop spider-like blood vessels on the skin. The fluid build-up in the abdomen may become spontaneously infected. Other complications include hepatic encephalopathy, bleeding from dilated veins in the esophagus or dilated stomach veins, and liver cancer. Hepatic encephalopathy results in confusion and possibly unconsciousness.
|ICD 9 Code:||571|
The abdomen of a person with cirrhosis showing massive fluid buildup and very visible veins
Coding Notes for K74.69 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cryptogenic cirrhosis (of liver)
- Macronodular cirrhosis (of liver)
- Micronodular cirrhosis (of liver)
- Mixed type cirrhosis (of liver)
- Portal cirrhosis (of liver)
- Postnecrotic cirrhosis (of liver)
- DRG Group #432-434 - Cirrhosis and alcoholic hepatitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #432-434 - Cirrhosis and alcoholic hepatitis with CC.
- DRG Group #432-434 - Cirrhosis and alcoholic hepatitis without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cruveilhier-Baumgarten syndrome (disorder)
- Pipestem portal cirrhosis (disorder)
- Parasitic cirrhosis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K74.69 - Other cirrhosis of liver'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K74.69. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K74.69 and a single ICD9 code, 571.5 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.