ICD-10-CM Code K76
Other diseases of liver
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K76 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of K76 that describes the diagnosis 'other diseases of liver' in more detail.
- K76 Other diseases of liver NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for K76 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Alcoholic liver disease - instead, use code K70.-
- Amyloid degeneration of liver - instead, use code E85.-
- Cystic disease of liver (congenital) - instead, use code Q44.6
- Hepatic vein thrombosis - instead, use code I82.0
- Hepatomegaly NOS - instead, use code R16.0
- Pigmentary cirrhosis (of liver) - instead, use code E83.110
- Portal vein thrombosis - instead, use Code I81
- Toxic liver disease - instead, use code K71.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K76 - Other diseases of liver'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K76. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.