ICD-10-CM Code K80.4
Calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code K80.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of K80.4 that describes the diagnosis 'calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis' in more detail.
- K80.4 Calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE K80.40 Calculus of bile duct with
- BILLABLE K80.41 Calculus of bile duct with
- BILLABLE K80.42 Calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis
- BILLABLE K80.43 Calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis
- BILLABLE K80.44 Calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis
- BILLABLE K80.45 Calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis
- BILLABLE K80.46 Calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis
- BILLABLE K80.47 Calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis
The ICD code K80 is used to code Gallstone
A gallstone, also called a cholelith, is a stone formed within the gallbladder out of bile components. Lithiasis (stone formation) in the gallbladder is called cholelithiasis. Gallstones are formed in the gallbladder but may pass distally into other parts of the biliary tract such as the cystic duct, common bile duct, pancreatic duct or the ampulla of Vater. Rarely, in cases of severe inflammation, gallstones may erode through the gallbladder into adherent bowel potentially causing an obstruction termed gallstone ileus.
|ICD 9 Code:||574|
Numerous small gallstones made up largely of cholesterol.
Coding Notes for K80.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Any condition listed in K80.5 with cholecystitis (with cholangitis) See code K80.5
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Calculus of bile duct with chronic cholecystitis with obstruction (disorder)
- Calculus of common bile duct with acute cholecystitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K80.4 - Calculus of bile duct with cholecystitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K80.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.