ICD-10-CM Code K85.9
Acute pancreatitis, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K85.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of acute pancreatitis, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K85 is used to code Pancreatic diseaseWikipedia
Coding Notes for K85.9 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Pancreatitis NOS
- DRG Group #438-440 - Disorders of pancreas except malignancy with MCC.
- DRG Group #438-440 - Disorders of pancreas except malignancy with CC.
- DRG Group #438-440 - Disorders of pancreas except malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Acute necrosis of pancreas (disorder)
- Infected pancreatic necrosis (disorder)
- Subacute pancreatic necrosis (disorder)
- Acute suppurative pancreatitis (disorder)
- Pancytopenia with pancreatitis (disorder)
- Acute recurrent pancreatitis (disorder)
- Abscess of pancreas (disorder)
- Acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K85.9 - Acute pancreatitis, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K85.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K85.9 and a single ICD9 code, 577.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.