ICD-10-CM Code K95.81
Infection due to other bariatric procedure
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K95.81 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of infection due to other bariatric procedure. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K95.81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to specify type of infection or organism, such as:
- Bacterial and viral infectious agents (B95.-, B96.-) See code B95.-
- Cellulitis of abdominal wall See code L03.311
- Sepsis (A40.-, A41.-) See code A40.-
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K95.81 - Infection due to other bariatric procedure'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K95.81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 539.81 was previously used, K95.81 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.