ICD-10-CM Code L03.311
Cellulitis of abdominal wall
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
L03.311 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of cellulitis of abdominal wall. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code L03 is used to code Cellulitis
Cellulitis is a bacterial infection involving the inner layers of the skin. It specifically affects the dermis and subcutaneous fat. Signs and symptoms include an area of redness which increases in size over a couple of days. The borders of the area of redness are generally not sharp and the skin may be swollen. While the redness often turns white when pressure is applied this is not always the case. The area of infection is usually painful. Lymphatic vessels may occasionally be involved, and the person may have a fever and feel tired.
|ICD 9 Code:||682.9|
Coding Notes for L03.311 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Cellulitis of umbilicus - instead, use code L03.316
- Cellulitis of groin - instead, use code L03.314
- DRG Group #573-578 - Skin graft for skin ulcer or cellulitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #573-578 - Skin graft for skin ulcer or cellulitis with CC.
- DRG Group #573-578 - Skin graft for skin ulcer or cellulitis without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #573-578 - Skin graft except for skin ulcer or cellulitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #573-578 - Skin graft except for skin ulcer or cellulitis with CC.
- DRG Group #573-578 - Skin graft except for skin ulcer or cellulitis without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #602-603 - Cellulitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #602-603 - Cellulitis without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'L03.311 - Cellulitis of abdominal wall'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code L03.311. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code L03.311 and a single ICD9 code, 682.2 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.