ICD-10-CM Code L23
Allergic contact dermatitis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code L23 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of L23 that describes the diagnosis 'allergic contact dermatitis' in more detail.
- L23 Allergic contact dermatitis NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE L23.0 Allergic contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L23.1 Allergic contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L23.2 Allergic contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L23.3 Allergic contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L23.4 Allergic contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L23.5 Allergic contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L23.6 Allergic contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L23.7 Allergic contact dermatitis
- L23.8 Allergic contact dermatitis NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE L23.9 Allergic contact
The ICD code L23 is used to code Allergic contact dermatitis
Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is a forms of contact dermatitis that is the manifestation of an allergic response caused by contact with a substance, the other type being irritant contact dermatitis (ICD).
|ICD 9 Code:||691.8|
Illustration of allergic contact dermatitis
Coding Notes for L23 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Allergy NOS - instead, use code T78.40
- Contact dermatitis NOS - instead, use code L25.9
- Dermatitis NOS - instead, use code L30.9
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Dermatitis due to substances taken internally - instead, use code L27.-
- Dermatitis of eyelid - instead, use code H01.1-
- Diaper dermatitis - instead, use Code L22
- Eczema of external ear - instead, use code H60.5-
- Irritant contact dermatitis - instead, use code L24.-
- Perioral dermatitis - instead, use code L71.0
- Radiation-related disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue - instead, use Section L55-L59
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'L23 - Allergic contact dermatitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code L23. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.