ICD-10-CM Code L24
Irritant contact dermatitis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code L24 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of L24 that describes the diagnosis 'irritant contact dermatitis' in more detail.
- L24 Irritant contact dermatitis NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE L24.0 Irritant contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L24.1 Irritant contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L24.2 Irritant contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L24.3 Irritant contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L24.4 Irritant contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L24.5 Irritant contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L24.6 Irritant contact dermatitis
- BILLABLE L24.7 Irritant contact dermatitis
- L24.8 Irritant contact dermatitis NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE L24.9 Irritant contact
The ICD code L24 is used to code Hand eczema
Hand eczema presents on the palms and soles, and may sometimes be difficult or impossible to differentiate from atopic dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, and psoriasis, which also commonly involve the hands.:78 Even a biopsy of all these conditions may not result in a definitive diagnosis, as all three conditions may demonstrate spongiosis and crusting on the hands.:78
|MeSH Codes:||, D017453|
|ICD 9 Codes:||, 692|
Coding Notes for L24 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Allergy NOS - instead, use code T78.40
- Contact dermatitis NOS - instead, use code L25.9
- Dermatitis NOS - instead, use code L30.9
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Allergic contact dermatitis - instead, use code L23.-
- Dermatitis due to substances taken internally - instead, use code L27.-
- Dermatitis of eyelid - instead, use code H01.1-
- Diaper dermatitis - instead, use Code L22
- Eczema of external ear - instead, use code H60.5-
- Perioral dermatitis - instead, use code L71.0
- Radiation-related disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue - instead, use Section L55-L59
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'L24 - Irritant contact dermatitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code L24. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.