ICD-10-CM Code L53.0
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
L53.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of toxic erythema. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code L53 is used to code Erythema
Erythema (from the Greek erythros, meaning red) is redness of the skin or mucous membranes, caused by hyperemia of superficial capillaries. It occurs with any skin injury, infection, or inflammation. Examples of erythema not associated with pathology include nervous blushes.
|ICD 9 Code:||695|
Characteristic "bull's eye" rash (erythema migrans) of early Lyme disease
Coding Notes for L53.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Poisoning due to drug or toxin, if applicable See Section T36-T65 with fifth or sixth character 1-4 or 6)
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug See Section T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Neonatal erythema toxicum - instead, use code P83.1
- DRG Group #595-596 - Major skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #595-596 - Major skin disorders without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Toxic urticated erythema (disorder)
- Toxic urticated erythema due to drug (disorder)
- Danthron erythema (disorder)
- Annular erythema due to drug (disorder)
- Toxic erythema of unknown etiology (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'L53.0 - Toxic erythema'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code L53.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code L53.0 and a single ICD9 code, 695.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.