ICD-10-CM Code L67
Hair color and hair shaft abnormalities
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code L67 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of L67 that describes the diagnosis 'hair color and hair shaft abnormalities' in more detail.
- L67 Hair color and hair shaft abnormalities NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE L67.0
- BILLABLE L67.1 color
- BILLABLE L67.8 color and hair shaft abnormalities
- BILLABLE L67.9 Hair color and hair shaft
Coding Notes for L67 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Monilethrix - instead, use code Q84.1
- Pili annulati - instead, use code Q84.1
- Telogen effluvium - instead, use code L65.0
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'L67 - Hair color and hair shaft abnormalities'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code L67. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.