ICD-10-CM Code L95
Vasculitis limited to skin, not elsewhere classified
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code L95 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of L95 that describes the diagnosis 'vasculitis limited to skin, not elsewhere classified' in more detail.
- L95 Vasculitis limited to skin, not elsewhere classified NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code L95 is used to code Vasculitis
Vasculitis (plural: vasculitides) is a group of disorders that destroy blood vessels by inflammation. Both arteries and veins are affected. Lymphangitis is sometimes considered a type of vasculitis. Vasculitis is primarily caused by leukocyte migration and resultant damage.
|MeSH Codes:||D014657, D014657|
|ICD 9 Codes:||446, 447.6|
Micrograph showing a vasculitis (Churg-Strauss syndrome). H&E stain.
Coding Notes for L95 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Angioma serpiginosum - instead, use code L81.7
- Henoch(-Schönlein) purpura - instead, use code D69.0
- Hypersensitivity angiitis - instead, use code M31.0
- Lupus panniculitis - instead, use code L93.2
- Panniculitis NOS - instead, use code M79.3
- Panniculitis of neck and back - instead, use code M54.0-
- Polyarteritis nodosa - instead, use code M30.0
- Relapsing panniculitis - instead, use code M35.6
- Rheumatoid vasculitis - instead, use code M05.2
- Serum sickness - instead, use code T80.6-
- Urticaria - instead, use code L50.-
- Wegener's granulomatosis - instead, use code M31.3-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'L95 - Vasculitis limited to skin, not elsewhere classified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code L95. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.