ICD-10-CM Code M06.9
Rheumatoid arthritis, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M06.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M06 is used to code Rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a long lasting autoimmune disorder that primarily affects joints. It typically results in warm, swollen, and painful joints. Pain and stiffness often worsen following rest. Most commonly, the wrist and hands are involved, with the same joints typically involved on both sides of the body. The disease may also affect other parts of the body. This may result in a low red blood cell count, inflammation around the lungs, and inflammation around the heart. Fever and low energy may also be present. Often, symptoms come on gradually over weeks to months.
|ICD 9 Code:||714|
A hand affected by rheumatoid arthritis
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #545-547 - Connective tissue disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Rheumatic arthritis of temporomandibular joint (disorder)
- Rheumatoid arthritis of temporomandibular joint (disorder)
- Rheumatoid arthritis of metacarpophalangeal joint (disorder)
- Rheumatoid arthritis of foot (disorder)
- Rheumatoid arthritis of shoulder (disorder)
- Rheumatoid arthritis of talonavicular joint (disorder)
- Rheumatoid arthritis of interphalangeal joint of toe (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M06.9 - Rheumatoid arthritis, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M06.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M06.9 and a single ICD9 code, 714.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.